Spiritual Direction & Coaching
With thirty years experience as a spiritual director, Dr. Kavar is available as a spiritual director or spiritual coach with individuals by phone and online.
Spiritual direction is a process through which an individual explores, develops, and deepens the spiritual dimension of life with the aid and guidance of a director or coach. It is a process whose focus is to better integrate the spiritual dimension of life with other life dimensions, including relationships, work, and leisure interests.
A spiritual director supports an individual’s growth and integration by:
• raising thoughtful questions
• providing reflective feedback
• suggesting tools or strategies aimed to support the process of integration.
Spiritual direction is aimed at enabling an individual to:
• live life in a full and integrated way
• incorporate spiritual practices in daily life
• balance the spiritual dimension of life with the psychological, cognitive, and physiological dimensions.
Spiritual direction is an art found in the great religious traditions including, Christianity, Judiasm, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism. Each tradition calls this practice by a different name. Spiritual direction is the term commonly used to describe this supportive relationship today.
One need not adhere to a particular belief system to benefit from spiritual direction. Instead, spiritual direction is meant to integrate the spiritual dimension of life, characterized by meaning, purpose and value, as the individual understands this dimension of life.